We keep hearing of these ATS offers but no one has seen anything yet ? Everything is very hush hush for wanting to be transparent ???? We know one thing ...Cablevision and Suddenlink are not what they were or will ever be again. The game has changed the industry is changing ...no. After if your Cablevision or Suddenlink we are all in this boat together under Altice USA, so far everything we all heard and read about has happened or is happening .
4 replies (most recent on top)
So, guys are looking for some real information since they can't get any from the people in the ivory towers. Then this dope below posts a job listing from Rodgers meant to be a joke and ends up wasting everyone's time. This type of stuff is why this workforce is in shambles and can't even get along with each other. To whoever did that, grow up and get with the program.
the first one is job listing online NOT AN OFFER LETTER FROM ATS (but I assuming it is how a real job offer looks from a company in NEW YORK)
the second is not pertinent to this post, but a good point made
the third has ZERO proof and I want to know where anyone has seen this information.
A federal contractor is one that is contracted to to Work for the Government don't get to uptight about it that could be a good thing. You are reading into that wording way to much
Show us some proof
we can't go by hearsay It Is Not Fair to Those Who are in need of this and their sanity!
It looks like this
Systems Maintenance Technician
Long Island City
System Maintenance Technician
• Troubleshoot, identify, and repair forward and return path problems on the HFC plant.
• Maintain and test all power supplies within physical plant
• Maintain and test all amplifiers within residential and institutional loop
• Maintain and test signal integrity of all subscriber tap ports
• Maintain pole and span hardware and replace, if necessary, within physical plant
• Perform pole transfers per utility company requests
• Installation of new plant equipment to existing physical plant (i.e.: power supplies, trunk stations, line extenders, power inserters, directional couplers, feeder line splitters, taps and equalizers).
• Replacement of damaged or non-functional plant equipment within physical plant
• Replacement of damaged or non-functional coaxial cable within physical plant
• Replacement of damaged or “downed” subscriber house drops
• Conduct CLI performance testing within physical plant per System Engineer’s format
• Repair CLI related problems as reported by System Engineer
• Submit CLI report findings daily to System Engineer on CLI report form
• Respond to and repair all system outages
• Respond to and repair all system signal integrity issues
• Acting in an on-call status respond to all system signal integrity issues and system outages
• Responsible for all special request orders which pertain to any part of the physical plant
• Responsible for the repair or replacement of any damaged or non-functional underground coaxial cable within physical plant
• Assist Service Technicians and Installation personnel when requested to do so by Plant Manager or Dispatch personnel
• Submit reports to Plant Manager for system outages and repairs, pole transfers, CLI repairs, and any occurrences while in on-call status.
• Maintain compliance with all rules including FCC, OSHA, NEC, NESC,
• QA of installation, disconnect, and service work of service technicians and installers
• Conduct annual proof of performance testing
• Provide support and training to service technicians and installers
• Have previous experience as a line tech
• Have previous experience as an installer and service tech
• Have the ability to troubleshoot, identify, repair HFC plant problems
• Possess knowledge to operate appropriate test equipment; spectrum analyzer, TDR, SLM Meters
• Have the ability to perform power supply testing and replacement
• Have the ability to heft and climb a 28 foot extension ladder
• Have good interpersonal skills to work with other employees and customers
• Have proficiency with Windows and Apple based networking
• Knowledgeable with VoIP service
• Possess certification to operate a bucket truck
• Possess a valid driver’s license and good driving record
• Have the ability to work non-standard hours
• Knowledge of Motorola SG2000 line gear preferred
• Completion of NCTI or SCTE courses preferred
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
Send This Job to a Friend
Service offerings are contingent upon RCN verification that the specific address covered by the service request is an RCN serviceable location. Prices do not include taxes, franchise fees or other surcharges. Services and pricing are subject to change. All photos used within rcn.com are intellectual properties of their respective owners. Services are subject to terms and conditions of RCN’s subscriber agreements, on-line policies, and other applicable terms and conditions. Other restrictions may apply.
Feel bad for the new guys. Going to be pretty rough doing that.
At the bottom of the contract it says you will be a Federal contractor