Whatever the above article states is true, IBM is not announcing that they are laying off the employees. But they are doing it very silently.
Myself Ajay, I have been working with IBM for 3 Years. HR called me for discussion 1 week back, Started validating my previous company Payslips, Offer Letters. Even she took my laptop and started checking my personal emails and social networking sites. She said one of the document I have submitted was fake (Unfortunately, that is offer letter issued by Top Indian MNC). She asked me prove it's genuineness by showing her bank statement, but unfortunately i didn't have any details with me. But I told her if she can give me time, definitely i can contact bank. She didn't agreed for that. She started threating me saying that if i am not agreeing that it is fake, I may get termination letter. Finally, they forced me to resign with 2 days’ notice period.
And also more importantly she checked the following in the order (Total time they took was around 180 Minutes, 2 HR)
1) They checked my Payslips (From Starting Company)
2) My Educational Documents (They checked Percentages too), Fun part is, after having 9 Years of IT experience.
3) She checked my Personal Folders containing Resumes and other Stuff
4) She tried to find all possible ways to screw me up under BCG.
She was tired, and told me. Ajay, don't keep your employment at risk. Try to understand us and separate from company ASAP with good terms. Now I am searching for Job, EMI's (30,000) are pending for next month. Cannot ask money from home, don't know what to do.
Thank God, she didn't asked me prove whether I am male or female (I am not yet married, otherwise, that opportunity would have gone for me).
Following points needs to be clear
1) If my documents are fake why they have released my offer letter 3 Years Back
2) If my documents are fake why they have confirmed my probationary period completed
Samething happened to my friends working in IBM. As per me the count is now, 5 Employees. If any one needs HR name let me know. I can post here with their social network links.